Fashionistas Galore

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review: Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

I received a complimentary gift pack including the Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo as part of Dove's promotional activity of their new range of Hair Care products. As I have mentioned in an earlier post, I was super-impressed by the packaging.Since I already had my own brands of shampoo that I was using, I did not get to use this one for a long time.Now that I have finally used it, here is what I feel. First the basic details and then my view on it..Please feel free to share your comments if you have used the product or in case you would wish to use it.

The packaging: Comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with a flip top, not a tube. Is okay to travel with as it's not very bulky.
Price: INR 123/- for 200 ml.
Texture: Mixed consistency, not watery. Looks nice as the shampoo is off-white with golden particles that shimmer as you put it on your palm. Definitely eye-catching.
Comes With: Fiber Actives and revolutionary vita oils (as stated on the bottle)
Fragrance: Not fruity, subtle and pleasing. Feminine.
Directions for use: Apply to wet hair, lather and rinse. For best results, apply twice and use daily with Dove Nourishing Oil Care (as stated on the bottle).
Brand's Claim About This Product: Did you know? Dryness and dullness are signs of damaged hair leading to hair that's weak and rough to touch. That's why, new Dove with vita oils goes deep inside and restores smoothness, softens and shines.
Vita Oils system: Revolutionary non-greasy formula. Unique blend with natural coconut, almond and sunflower oils that are so fine they are rapidly absorbed to deeply nourish and replenish essential vitamins.
Next generation nourishing for hair that's strengthened against damage.


My take on the product:

I have an extremely dry scalp and dry hair, though I have managed to take care of my hair till now, with constant conditioning and oiling. So I was eagerly looking forward to trying out this new product as it claims to work wonders for dry and damaged hair. We all have more-or-less damaged hair these days.If it's not the colouring, straightening, styling, blow-drying, then its the lack of sleep, erratic and hectic lifestyle, wrong eating habits and pollution problems that play spoil sport. So yes, I do have dry as well as damaged hair. One drawback though, since this is aimed at people with dry hair, it would have been better if there was an element of anti-dandruff properties in the shampoo, as most people with dry scalp tend to get dandruff pretty soon.    

I have waist-long hair. The first thing I noticed on using the shampoo was that the quantity required was not too much and that it was cleaning my hair and scalp well. I generally tend to use a little bit of shampoo in the first round and lather and rinse it off. Then I take a bit more and repeat the process once again. I can't tell you why I do this really, but I have always done it like this.

I will not say that using this shampoo has made my hair magically soft and shiny.Yes, it is soft for a day or two, provided I use a conditioner after the shampoo. But that is the case with all other shampoos as well. So I won't say that this is a revolutionary shampoo, at least not for me. Also, the shine that you see in the ads is not what you will see on your crowning glory, not that I was expecting it any way. I did not get any shine in my hair, do let me know if you did!

For a product that claims to have the benefits of oil in a shampoo, its a very non-greasy shampoo and won't make your hair oily or sticky in any way. I did feel a certain smoothness in my hair and it was not really tangled after the wash. I liked that about the product. It made my scalp feel nice and clean.

Other than all this, it will be a mistake if you expect your hair to suddenly shine and become smooth as cotton on using this.No my darling, I am afraid that won't happen. But let's suffice by saying that the shampoo is not too bad. Though I will still stick to my regular shampoo, which is Sunsilk ,one that I have been using for YEARS!!!! I will soon write about it too..

Till then, thanks a lot for reading and do let me know your views....


- Debolina Raja Gupta