Fashionistas Galore

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lakme Absolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush: Review



I was happily using my Beyu blush for the past couple of months, but I wanted a change in colour, so went for this absolutely stunning shade launched by Lakme in their Lakme Absolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush series. I had already been trying the 'typical' pink blush and also the bronzy and the golden-ish ones. But I had yet to try an orangy one, so here I was, checking out this gorgeous shade.

Before I go into the details, here is a look at what the product says on the cover:

'Luxurious powder blush, baked on Italian terra cotta tiles enriched with Jojoba Oil, Antioxidant Vitamin E, for an extraordinary luminosity. Apply dry for a sheer effect or wet for a long-lasting dramatic look. 
Fragrance free' 

Price: INR 550 for a 4g pack.


I bought the Day Sheer shade:


Lakme has come out with 03 shades in the Lakme Absolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush series. They are coming out with a 04th shade, which is more of a pink with less shimmer. This is still to be launched.
  • Day Sheer - this is a warm tone with an orange-ish brown tone
  • Night Sheer - this is more of a peachy brown colour, a little darker than the Day Sheer colour
  • Night Sparkle - this is more of a pinky peach shade, with a very prominent pink undertone
Shades suited to skin tones:
  • Day Sheer - This one is well suited to Indian skin tones, will work well with both fair/wheatish complexion as well as dark complexion. Has more of golden shimmer to it.
  • Night Sheer - This one will also suit most Indian skin tones, especially the darker skin tones. More on the brown/copper base. Comes with golden shimmer.
  • Night Sparkle - This is more suited for the fairer skin tone. Comes with silver shimmer. 

(* The Lakme Absolute Cheek Chromatic Baked Blush in Day Sheer)

Wow! Look at the above colour people...don't you think it's absolutely gorgeous? I just love the tiny gold particles shimmering in it. Absolutely gorgeous! I fell in love with this shade the moment I saw it. Though I was apprehensive about using it on my face, as the initial look felt it would look too shimmery, once I actually tried it out on myself at the Lakme counter, I could see it was perfectly suited for my skin tone, both for the day as well as for the night. Though the product looks as if its too dark and heavy, it sits very lightly on your face and is completely wearable in the day, even for an office meeting! I am surprised a few people have mentioned that this shade is absolute not wearable in the day for them as they have wheatish skin. I don't know. I am not very fair, but I am okay fair, and this shade blended greatly with my skin tone, the little shimmers actually gelling in wonderfully with the skin and giving a subtle luminosity to the face, a healthy glow rather, just as the packaging mentioned! I loved it....can't complain..

The Packaging:
The product comes in a round packaging with a steel-finish look and a transparent plastic lid, with a pretty 'L' printed on it. The lid is secured with a click and is tightly packed. The product comes with an instruction-card that gives some tips to create different day and night looks.

(*the instruction card above)

Here's what the instruction-card inside the product pack says:
  • DAY LOOK: With a brush gently sweep the blush across your cheeks using gentle upward strokes.
  • NIGHT LOOK: 
  • To intensify the shimmer, first apply Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse over face and neck.
  • Then follow instructions for Day Look.
I haven't ever tried the 'Night Look' mentioned above, so can't comment on that one. Generally, when I want to get that party look, I apply a few extra sweeps of colour, or sometimes spice it up with a highlighter colour.


Swatch 1: This is the first swatch people. As you can see, its a highly-pigmented shade.



Swatch 2: This was after I rubbed it out a few times.



Swatch 3: This was after a long day, I was home that day and had applied this on my hand in the morning. This was the effect left by late-evening.

      Pros:
  • I absolutely am in love with the colour. I was looking for something which was not the regular pink or brown, and here it finally is. Just the colour I wanted.
  • I love the gold specks, as they give a slight sheer to the skin.
  • The blush is super-pigmented, which means I need a very very small amount of it on my brush.
  • The same blush gives me an office-look and can also be turned into a complete 'party' look.
  • The packaging is cute, and also practical, as I don't need to open it each time to check the colour and decide whether I want to use it that particular time or not.
  • Very light on the skin.
  • The texture is soft and smooth and feels nice on the skin.
  • Very long lasting.
       Cons:
  • I would have preferred a mirror in the packaging as I feel its way convenient to have a mirror built in the blush pack itself.
  • The powder could have been a bit more better in texture, in the sense that right now its too powdery, and I end up wasting bits of it when I move my blush brush around it.
  • I am desperately looking for a nice orangey looking blush. Well, I can't say this is one of the negatives, as this is also a beautiful colour, but I hope Lakme comes out with one soon.
  • The pricing maybe could have been a bit on the downward side. This is at par with BeYu. There are other brands in the market whose products are similar in quality, sometimes even better, but whose pricing is lesser than Lakme's.
All in all, I am very happy with this blush.

- Debolina Raja Gupta