Fashionistas Galore

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Maybelline Color Sensational Jewels Rubylicious 630: Swatch and Review

Finally, after searching for that perfect RED that seems to take ages to find, I've found one. Maybelline has come out with its amazing range of The Jewels, that has been launched under the Color Sensational range, and the shade I'm going to show you here and talk about is Maybelline Color Sensational Jewels Rubylicious 630

The shade is quite bright and if you're looking for a subtle colour, this may not be your shade, but yes, you can definitely apply it lightly and go for a less-bright look than it can generally give.

Price: INR 350 for 3.9gms

Shade: Maybelline Color Sensational Jewels Rubylicious 630





Packaging: 
Look at the packaging...isnt it cute!!! I have loved the Maybelline packaging on lipsticks ever since they came out with the Color Sensational range some time back. And this one is just too gorgeous. The pink shiny case matches with the concept of 'Jewels' - shiny, bright and stunning! I also loved the inscription 'Maybelline New York' on the body of the lipstick tube - I went and checked on my other Maybelline lipsticks and it seems like this is only there in the Jewels range.

Smell: Smells deliciously yummy!! All the Color Sensational lipsticks have some yummy smells, not at all the fruity or too-strong ones that I don't like, but really subtle, just-there and oh-so-yummy. My absolute favourite smelling lipsticks are Yummy Plummy (is that a surprise?!) and Rubylicious.


Swatch:


This is how you can use the product to look a bit lighter (one-time application)

What I love about this shade:

  • The first thing I like is that yet again, its a super-creamy lipstick 
  • The colour is just the kind of bright I wanted - there are some reds that have a dark blackish undertone, some with a pink undertone and some with a purplish undertone. This one has a pinkish undertone and is really gorgeous!
  • Super-pigmented - just a little bit will work great
  • Pricing is at par with other brands in the market, in fact lesser than most brands (though I wonder how Maybelline does that each time)
  • Long staying power - stays great for about 6 hours
  • Does not crack
  • Extremely moisturising and will not dry out your lips
  • Instantly brightens up your face and day :-)
  • Smells delicious!
  • Even when it does begin to fade, it gives the effect of a stain and there is still colour on your lips, even when the original shade has faded
What I don't like about the product:

I love everything about it!!!!




- Debolina Raja Gupta