Fashionistas Galore

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Maybelline The Colossal Kajal Review

Yes, I know that all beauty bloggers have been talking about this for a long time now, but I only recently finished my earlier stock of kajal, so it's only now that I finally got a chance to really try out the Maybelline Colossal Kajal.

Before I tell you what I liked or didn't like, here is a read on what the brand has to say about this product:


Colossal Intensity:
6H Black, Bold + Smudge Resistant
With deepest black pigments + unique tip delivers the blackest black shine ever. Color glides on smooth and so intense.

Colossal Wear:
Never befor 6H of smudge resistant wear. Its exclusive color fix formula guarantees intense color results that won't smudge, budge or fade. No more touch ups.

Colossal Care:
The ultimate in care with a combination of 5 caring ingredients. Formula enriched with Vitamin E soothes the eyes.

Price: INR 150 for 0.35gm




What I was looking for in a kajal:
I use kajal almost daily, and I use it not just as kajal but also as an eyeliner (ever since I stopped using the liquid eyeliners after they gave me some horrible eye infections!) So for me, the kajal tip needs to be extremely soft and smooth so that it doesn't hurt the eyes and can glide perfectly on the waterline. Also, I have a tendency to keep touching my eyes without realising, especially the corners of the eyes, and most of the times this leads to the kajal getting smudged. So I was really on the lookout for one that would stay put.


Here's what I loved about Maybelline Colossal Kajal:

  • Intense dark colour
  • Smooth tip
  • No need to sharpen
  • Retractable tip
  • Super affordable
  • Light and easy to carry
  • Nice and bright packaging
  • Stays on for a really long time - I wore it through the entire day and it did not fade. End of the day, it did go away, but left behind a smooth, even dark touch
  • Totally non-smudge, especially for a person like me who ends up touching her eyes many times unconsciously
  • Water-resistant
  • Easily works as a kajal as well as an eyeliner
  • Does not make my eyes water
Removing the non-smudge kajal:
Since this is a non-smudge kajal, using simple face-wash will not remove the entire product. I use a light makeup-remover oil or cleansing milk to gently wipe it off and then clean my face with a face wash if required. In case you end up wearing it while you sleep off, rest assured, you won't wake up with raccoon eyes.

Definitely recommended

- Debolina Raja Gupta