Fashionistas Galore

Monday, October 29, 2012

Avon Naturals Lip Balm: Review

Avon Naturals Lip Balm in Lemon (yellow) and Green Tea (green)

I've used quite a few lip balms on a trial basis and there was never one that really felt perfect for my lips. I have dry lips, that tend to get extremely dry during the second half of the year, as well as in normal weather, if I am not using some or the other moisturising care element on them.

Some of the lip balms I've tried out in the past are from brands like Nivea, Doctor Lips, Lotus, Maybelline, Avon, The Body Shop, Vaseline and Himalaya. But I didn't like most of them to stick on ;-) Except 02.



After trying out almost all the popular lip brands that are available in India, the Avon Naturals Lip Balm is my absolute favourite. This is the first one I tried - in Lemon (you know my love for all things lemon!) and the other one I got along with it was Almond & Milk (sorry but I don't have that stick anymore, finished it long back, but it was absolutely wonderful). I loved it so much that I got another in the same flavour, this time along with the Green Tea flavour.

The available flavours are: 
Cherry
Grapefruit and Mint
Green Tea (using right now)
Almond & Milk (used previously and absolutely loved it)
Aloe
Lemon (using right now and absolutely loving it)
Peach
Strawberry

Price: INR 99 for a 4g stick



This is a completely colourless lip balm. It looks yellow in the stick, but on application, it has no colour or shine, which is what I needed (I don't like gloss so that was a requirement. This is more of a balm, that actually feels like a soft cream for the lips. It stays true to its fragrance, and the yummy lemon-peel taste is slightly there when you put it on.

A completely non-sticky lip balm, which was also a very important requirement for me (I hate the sticky, fruity and sweet smelling lip balms).

This works really really well on dry lips and provides instant relief to chapped and damaged lips. I use this one every night before going to bed and keep applying it over my lips if I'm home. The Lemon flavour has to be my all-time absolute favourite lip balm ever!

The packaging is cute, tiny, very light-weight, super easy to carry around, and since it has the colour of fragrance on it (yellow for lemon, green for green tea, brown for almond), it's really easy to identify amidst other products when in a rush. This is a stick lip-balm, with a reversible bottom that makes the lip balm come protrude at the top of the stick, and once you've applied it, you can reverse-twist the bottom of the stick and it will go back in.

I am so happy with this product that I have been using the Avon Naturals Lip Balms for about 03 years now, every single day, and I am really really happy with how my lips feel. I was not looking for a tinted lip balm but more of something that provides care and hydration). For me, this is it.

 This is the other one I have. This is the Avon Naturals Lip Balm in Green Tea flavour.


As you can see, this looks green in the stick, but is a no-colour lip balm. I like the flavour, which is a little bit minty. I would still go for the Lemon one and next flavour I absolutely love is the Almond & Milk one.


This is the other lip balm I have, The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter. I absolutely love this one too. But this, till date, is my most expensive lip balm and I think is one of the most expensive lip balms that's available in India. It works great, but it works the same as the Avon one, so I think I'll go with the Avon Naturals Lip Balm, though I love love love this one too (notice the flavour? Sweet Lemon) ;-)


These are the lip balms that are currently there around me: The Lotus Herbals Lip Balm in Strawberry flavour was a purchase that had to be made out of sheer necessity. I was out somewhere and my lips were so dry they were hurting, and I had forgotten to carry a lip balm! I had to rush to the chemist and pick this up, and the only flavour available was Strawberry (which I absolutely hate!!). So this has still been around and I use it very rarely. The Avon Naturals Lip Balm in Green Tea is also another one that is found often in my bag and in my cosmetics area. The Body Butter Sweet Lemon Lip Butter is something I keep picking up for the fragrance and apply on. The Avon Naturals Lip Balm in Lemon is the one that's on my bedside table. I use it each night before going to bed and a few times in the day if I am home.


The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter and Lotus Herbals Lip Balm in Strawberry (sorry about the lid, its quite old and has some lip liner marks on it I don't know how!)



 These are both non-colour, creamy feel lip balm and lip butter respectively.

Pros:
  • works wonders on dry lips
  • extremely good for damaged, chapped lips
  • non-sticky
  • non-sheer
  • only INR 99 for a stick that lasts for at least 2-3 months
  • light weight and easy to carry around in a pocket, mobile purse, clutch, bag
  • a large variety of flavours to choose from
  • very easy to identify amidst different products
  • total care for lips
Cons:
NONE for me

Will I use this product again? I've been using this for 03 years now and have re-purchased earlier and will continue to do so.

Do I recommend this product? Absolutely.


- Debolina Raja Gupta

6 comments:

  1. nicely reviewed.. was actually wondering whether to buy and which one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Bobby: Thanks, glad you liked it. Based on my personal experience, I think you can go for Almond & Milk, Lemon or Peach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy Debolina.. Nice Review..
    Am eyeing these Avon lip balms since so long... Thanks for the review..
    And yes,
    Seems you are a new blogger in town.. i am following you.. Smile please..
    And

    Please do check my space.. follow it if u like :)
    http://apoorvathinks.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apoorva: That was so sweet of you dear :-) Yes,am a new beauty blogger.Been in blog land for long but beauty blogging is new for me ;-) These Avon lip balms are really very good for the lips,sad part is they're not available in stores.So see if you can locate an Avon lady around you ;-)me following :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Debolina...I must say..this is a very good n detailed review..u havn't left any question unanswered! Gud job gurl!
    Am gladly following u nw...do check my space too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruby..thanks for stopping by and glad you found this helpful.Many thanks for the kind words.Im on your blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete