Fashionistas Galore

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Brands That Still Test On Animals

I have tried reading a lot about brands that have adopted the cruelty-free policy towards animal-testing for makeup and other cosmetic products. But it's really sad that there are hardly any good brands that do so. Also, China, as a policy, demands that anything that is sold there has to be first tested on animals. China demands animal-testing.

I believe its a personal choice, and if you are one of those who want to know more about the most popular brands that are still testing on animals, here's a list: (this is after reading up on the net - if you're aware that a certain brand mentioned here does not do so, please let me know so that I can remove the name)



  • Avon - Im going to keep this out of my personal buys from now on
  • Axe - wont use
  • Bausch & Lomb - Im really sad as this is the only brand of contact lenses that suits my sensitive eyes, will switch the moment I get an alternative
  • Bobbi Brown - wont use
  • Clinique - wont use
  • Cover Girl - wont use
  • Clean And Clear
  • Del Laboratories
  • Donna Karan
  • Dove - I can't believe this...there goes any future dove product for me
  • Elizabeth Arden - wont use
  • Estee Lauder - wont use
  • Faberge
  • Fendi
  • Garnier - I dont know what to say, need to find a replacent
  • Giorgio Armani
  • Herbal Essences - wont use
  • Huggies - didnt use for my baby and wont use
  • Johnson & Johnson - have almost stopped using for my daughter
  • Johnson Product Co.
  • Jovan - wont use
  • Kimberly-Clark Corp
  • Kleenex
  • Lancaster
  • Lancome - wont use
  • Lipton 
  • L'Oreal USA - there goes!
  • Lux
  • Lysol
  • MAC Cosmetics - wont use
  • Mars (candy)
  • Mary Kay - wont use
  • Max Factor - wont use
  • Maybelline - Im really not sure what to do now!!!!!
  • Michael Kors
  • Naturelle - ironic, isnt it??!!!
  • Neutrogena
  • Pantene
  • Ponds
  • Procter & Gamble Co.
  • Rimmel London 
  • Sally Hansen - wont use
  • Sensodyne
  • Sephora (home label)
  • Stila
  • Smashbox Cosmetics
  • SmithKline Beecham
  • Sunsilk - sad, since its the only shampoo I use
  • Tide
  • Tommy Hilfiger
  • Unilever
  • Vaseline
  • Yves Rocher

- Debolina Raja Gupta