Fashionistas Galore

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo EyeShadow In Pomegranate Punk and Bad To The Bronze: Swatch And Review

The two shades I bought and am loving amazingly - Pomegranate Punk and Bad To The Bronze

Ever since Maybelline launched the Eye Tattoo Eye Shadows, I've been keeping an eye out to get these gorgeous colours. I've bugged the SAs no end as to when the colours would finally come out in the Indian market. It's been some time now that these colour pots hit the Indian market, and I picked up 2 of their most gorgeous shades a few weeks back - Pomegranate Punk and Bad To The Bronze. And also see what I got free with the shades :-)


Of course I love these shades, but before I tell you more about what I feel, here's what Maybelline has to say about the Eye Tattoo by EyeStudio:

Why You'll Love It:
  • 24 hour intensity. Tattoo tenacity. Dare to wear our longest-lasting shadow
  • Our ink technology creates super-saturated colour
  • Cream gel smoothes on for vibrant colour that does not fade
Expert Tip:
For a high-impact look - illuminate. With fingertips, sweep all over eye from inner corner and work outwards. For added drama, darken as desired.

Bad To the Bronze


Pomegranate Punk


Price: INR 350 for 4g

Packaging: I like the way the shades are mentioned on the lid. The shades come in a pot, with a round-screw lid that you rotate and close. Also, since the pot is transparent, its really easy to spot the colour when you're in a rush and want to reach out for your desired colour, without wasting too much time searching for it. (see pics below)

Made In: USA


Pomegranate Punk


Bad To the Bronze


Bad To the Bronze:
This is a pure dull gold and brown mix shade with specks of gold in it. The range also has a Bold Gold, which is a true gold shade, but I found it extremely loud for daily wear. I was looking for a golden-ish shade that could be easily used during day as well as night, and even as a regular everyday colour and also a party wear. This colour is just perfect if you wish to have a golden-ish colour that's not too loud and looks just perfect. Also, it will go on any Indian skin tone, whether fair, wheatish or dusky.


Pomegranate Punk: This is another shade I was looking for. I do have a pink shade, but that's not something I'm really fond of, and I think that pink eyeshadows are too passe now (no offence for those who love it though). What I wanted was a purple or a plum and this is just the perfect shade for me. This colour is a plum shade with silver specks in it - perfect for day wear, night wear, party wear and everyday office or anytime wear.


Pomegranate Punk with the lovely silvery specks


I have done just one swipe in this swatch and this is how it looks


Completely blended. This is how it looks after being completely blended with just one swipe of colour. Does not fade out, but leaves behind a tint and shimmer of colour on the eyelids

Bad To The Bronze with the golden specks


The swatch after one swipe


The colour after being completely blended after one swipe of colour

My Take On The Colours: 
More than anything else, the colours are simply gorgeous!!!! And the best part is that these will go on all skin types, whether fair, wheatish or dusky. The colours are pigmented, and a little touch of colour will work well on your eyes. Super-buildable, meaning that you can choose to keep it light, or make it really bold. I didn't of course wear it for 24 hours at a go (who does?!), but I did wear it for the entire day. I had used only one swipe of colour, and I blended it with my finger, and I did not touch it up at all in the day. By the end of the day, the colour was there, though of course faded, but was still giving my eyelids a beautiful look and colour. Also, the colours are super creamy and really easy to blend. Does not line or crease and does not make your skin feel dried-out or itchy.

Pros:
  • gorgeous colour
  • pigmented
  • easy to blend
  • soft and creamy
  • doesn't crease or line
  • does not dry out the skin
  • stays on forever
  • wearable on all skin tones
  • super buildable
  • lot of product
  • worth the price
Cons:
NONE

I got 03 of these beautiful eye shadow brushes with the shades - 01 brush for each Maybelline Eye Tattoo Eye Shadow, absolutely free! (03 because I had picked up a same shade for a friend as well)



- Debolina Raja Gupta