It’s THE FESTIVAL season…Durga Puja, Navratri, Diwali, and top it with this being the shaadi season of all times..there’s so much looking extra-good to be done these days, isn’t it?
For me, with a daughter at home and my many work commitments, there’s not much time to head out for those beauty sessions or relaxing spa appointments. And many of you may also be overloaded with work, home, studies and other commitments. Since I can't help you on that front, I came up with the next best thing – sharing with you the top 10 quick and easy-to-do at home tricks to make ‘looking extra good’ that much more easier for you (I've tried most of these myself, and yes, they do work!…Do remember to share your ‘special’ tips as well
1. Make some green tea by soaking 02 green tea bags in hot boiled water. Let the tea bags remain in the water till its naturally cool. Pour the water on your hair, let it remain for some time, then rinse off with warm water – makes hair soft and shiny.
3. To get rid of dandruff, mix some white vinegar with water and use as a shampoo. Massage properly, leave on for a few minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
4. Control frizzy unmanageable hair by applying a little olive oil or coconut oil to help smoothen it out.
5. Oily hair and no time for shampoo? Take a little talcum powder on your hands and apply with fingers on the roots for dry, grease-free hair in minutes.
Skin / Face:
6. For any ungainly pimple or rash that comes up at the last minute, don’t burst it. Instead, apply a little lime juice on the spot.
8. Apply a little Vaseline on your eyelids, cheekbones and eyelashes for a healthy shape and shine.
9. Take a little lemon juice and sugar granules. Mix together and rub over your face. Not only is this good for lightening the skin and removing any tan on regular use, it also avoids pimples and gives your face a glow.
10.If you want those perfect rosy tint on your lips in the morning but don’t want to look like you applied lipstick, put on some bright red lipstick on your lips before you go to bed. Clean up in the morning for a rosy tint, without applying any lip colour!
- Debolina Raja Gupta