Fashionistas Galore

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lakme True Wear Nail Colour: Review


Recently picked up a lovely shade from the Lakme counter at Shoppers Stop. Im generally not a nail person and you'll soon understand that from my nail pics (am sadly very bad at maintaining my nails and hands!)

These are the ones that have been launched in the range that has been named after designers - designer special shades. This has the name Free Spirit on it (I guess that's the shade name) and also the name of the designer who inspired/created it. This one is by Narendra Kumar.




This has to be one of the very few pinky/plum shades that I've tried.

Lakme says:
Long-lasting, chip resistant nail enamel.

Contains resins to strengthen nails and prevent breakage.
Gives lacquer-like finish.

Price: INR 90 for 4.5gm

Shades Available:
Fantasy Collection 06 shades
Browns 06 shades
Pinks 15 shades
Nudes 06 shades
Reds & Maroons 14 shades
Mauves 14 shades

What I thought: I loved the colour! But I didn't like the amount of time it stayed on my nails, coz it hardly stayed! Lakme says it's long-lasting and chip-resistant, but it's not. It was barely on my nails for about 1-2 days and it started chipping like any other cheap nail colour that you can buy from a local brand. I may or may not go for it again for the staying power, but I feel I will surely go for it because the colours are quite pretty.

 This is how the shade looks in natural day light.

This is how it looks in the sun.



- Debolina Raja Gupta