Fashionistas Galore

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Biotique Bio Mud Ageless Firming & Revitalizing Face Pack: Review

Hi beauties,

The product I'm going to talk about today is from one of the brands that has been with me for quite a few years now - Biotique. I have been using different Biotique products for a long time now, and save for one, haven't had any issues with any of their products...you can read about it here.




I generally don't use too many face packs, but this is one that I tried out about 2 years back. The product I am talking about is Biotique's Bio Mud Ageless Firming and Revitalizing Face Pack and is suitable for all skin types.


How To Use: (As per the instructions given on the jar): Apply a thick layer on cleansed face and neck. Avoid eye and mouth areas. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with water or a damp washcloth. Use daily or as needed.

The jar also states: This is not a cosmetic product. It has therapeutic properties.

How often I use it: Even though the jar recommends using it daily, I use it once a week.


Pricing: As with most of Biotique's products, this one too is priced at INR 199. Sorry the MRP print here is a bit washed out as you can see this is quite a used jar :-)


Texture and fragrance: The face pack is quite creamy. And as the name suggests, it smells of mud. If you've ever had a multani mitti pack, you'll know what I mean. It smells of mud in a earthy way, which I quite like. The scent is not overpowering, though it lingers slightly.

I have dry skin, and though this product is not extremely drying, it may tend to make the skin feel a bit stretched after you've cleaned it up. I would recommend using a moisturiser or cream right after you've washed your face.

The only thing I don't like about this product, which is what I don't like about the other Biotique products as well, is that they all come in these long tub-like jars that make it quite difficult to reach the product as you move towards the bottom. I personally find it quite messy, and would have preferred a squeeze-tube I think.

My take on the product:
  • Makes my skin look cleaner and feels smoother
  • Immediately gives a fresh look to face
  • Doesn't dry out the face too much
  • Takes just about 10-15 minutes to dry up (I have dry skin) so I can also use this when I'm in a rush
  • Not very bulky and can be carried along easily if you have to travel
  • Works well on my skin
  • Scent not overpowering
  • Good amount of quantity that lasts a long time.
I have already re-purchased this product many times over the last two years, so I obviously will recommend it.

- Debolina Raja Gupta