Fashionistas Galore

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dove Split End Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner: Initial Review

Some time back I told you lovelies that I had received a special goody bag from Dove, you can read all about it here.

Before I tell you more, let me tell you that I am currently traveling and decided to carry these products as they had come in a small size and were easy to move around with. I am currently traveling in Kolkata, where the temperature is warm and the weather is extremely extremely humid. My scalp is not used to so much humidity and I've been shampooing every day, and when it's a bit better, then every alternate day. So please keep in mind that I'm in extreme conditions right now and this may not be the ideal time or place to test it. I don't have split-ends though. Let's see.


To give you an idea about my hair texture, I have short hair now, just a bit below the shoulders, and the texture is extremely extremely dry.

So I'm using both the products here, the shampoo as well as the conditioner, and sadly, they are just not working for me at all. I'm looking at it from the view that people in Kolkata too would be using this, so am not sure if this is good enough to be used in a humid city. It does lather well, but by the end of the day, my hair isn't a bit more softer, especially at the tips, though the upper half seems to get oily and greasy by EOD. I'm not sure how much this is gonna work for me at all.

This was a complimentary gift sent to me by Dove in association with IndiBlogger, and I'm planning to go back to Mumbai and buy myself the same. Am not judging it right away, let's give it another chance once am back.

- Debolina Raja Gupta