Fashionistas Galore

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DIY Tinted Moisturiser At Home: How I Created My Perfect Skin Tone Match

With different beauty brands telling you about the goodness of BB creams and tinted moisturisers and how they make your skin look all even and glowing, I too definitely fell in the trap. I had earlier bought a tub of Biotiques' Tinted Mosituriser though I didn't like it at all and in fact, had to throw it away! You can read about it here.

Next I bought the Maybelline BB cream, only because I got tempted, not because I really needed it. Followed by the Garnier BB Cream! See....I told you I really fell into the trap!


I am thankfully blessed with a clear skin, I don't have any acne or spots or blemishes, save the occasional dark circle, which, again, is a result of my poor eating habits (I'm going to get over that one day, pakka!) and my insomnia (I've tried but unfortunately, that's not gonna get treated soon). I do have a few foundations at home, but I end up not using them, and most times I have to use them just to finish them up. I rarely use a foundation, or even a BB cream. So it was that most of the times when I poked through my stack I would come across unfinished tubes of foundations and creams that lay without being used.

Yesterday I decided to use up one of my old foundations that I had really loved when I was using it occasionally. And the result was a wonderful, moisturising tinted moisturiser that I use daily...See how:


The first ingredient I used was the Garnier Skin Naturals Light Daily Moisturiser with SPF 15. This is one cream that I've been using for about 8 years now and absolutely love!

Next was the foundation that had been lying unused for long...this too was one that I quite liked while I was using it.

This is the Lakme Perfect Radiance Skin Lightening Foundation with SPF 11. I used it earlier and really loved it. Then I guess Lakme discontinued it, as it was always out of stock. The one above is in fact a re-purchase, my second tube after I managed to finish the first one and was really impressed with it. Will do a review soon (I realised now that I haven't written about my experiences with this one yet!).

This is how the two products looked separately. While the Garnier Skin Naturals Light Daily Moisturiser is entirely without a tint and comes absolutely white, just like a normal daily use moisturiser, the Lakme Perfect Radiance Skin Lightening Foundation with SPF 11 is obviously tinted, though this was a shade darker than what I needed.

Both the products mixed in together at the back of my hand.

Mixed up...

So that's the tub of Garnier Skin Naturals Light Daily Moisturiser now turned into my very own tinted moisturiser. What I loved about this is mix is that both these products on their own have a real long staying power. Plus I also love the fragrance of the Garnier Light daily moisturiser. Also, the foundation was used up quite a bit. At least half of the product was over. I didn't pump out all of it here. I kept pumping out the product and mixing it with the back of a makeup brush, mixing and seeing how much more was needed. There's still more left.

So here's how my own made-at-home tinted moisturiser looks....As the foundation was a tad darker than the shade I needed, mixing it with the moisturiser has made it the perfect shade.

- Debolina Raja Gupta