Fashionistas Galore

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner: Review


Before I begin, I got this kit, comprising of the Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner, Shampoo, Hair Serum and Mask, from Dove and IndiBlogger about a year ago. The reason it took me so long to get down to use them is that during that time, I already had a huge stock of hair care products that I had picked up from my local store and from abroad. And now that I've finally exhausted them, I've begun using these...


Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner



 Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Shampoo

 Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Hair Serum

 Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Repair Mask

I'll be reviewing the Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner in this post. 

What is the conditioner all about?
The Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner is a Daily Treatment Conditioner that comes in Dove's Nourishing Oil Care Range, with Revolutionary Vital Oils. As you may have guessed already by the name of the product, it's a conditioner that's combined with the essential goodness of oil that claims to work great on your hair. With the power of double nourishment, this is Advanced care and repair for beautiful hair.

What the company claims about the product and a little idea about the range:
Next generation of conditioner with a golden ribbon of treatment inside.
Did you know? Dryness and dullness are signs of damaged hair leading to hair that's weak and rough to touch. That's why new Dove with Vita Oils goes deep inside and restores smoothness, softness and shine.
Dual Action Formulation: With the power of double nourishment.
Gold Stripe: Contains revolutionary Vita Oils treatment to deeply nourish and replenish essential nutrients leaving no greasiness.
White Stripe: Contains conditioner that seals cuticles to lock in nourishment and smooth frizz.

Price: INR 160 for 180 ml

First Look at the product: 
One of the first things that struck me when I saw the kit was that all products had a golden and white theme. The packaging was shiny and beautiful. I was a little apprehensive at first as this was an Oil Care range. I have extremely dry hair, but even then, there are only two hair oils that I have found till date that do not feel greasy on my hair. I was worried that using a hair care product, especially shampoo and conditioner, with hair oils, might lead to greasy hair, exactly what I would look at my shampoo and conditioner to remove.


My Experience with the product:


When I first opened the conditioner, I noticed the colour of the product. It was a mix of gold (that looked more like a dark yellow) and white. But once I took some out on my hand, I realised it wasn't mixed up together, but that the yellow and the white were separate, in the sense that they came out together, but they were clearly demarcated in a yellow zone and a white zone.


See the pic above? You'll get a clearer idea of what I'm saying.

 Also, notice the star shape at the opening of the tube? It comes out exactly like this :-)

My take on the product:
Even though I was apprehensive at the beginning, all my doubts were put to rest the moment I used it. I did not use the conditioner with a Dove shampoo, but with my regular Sunsilk shampoo, and I must say that there was something instantly noticeable the moment I stepped out of the shower. Even after the first use, my hair was feeling especially soft and shiny.....
I don't like fruity smells at all, and that is one reason I have discarded many brands earlier. The fragrance that comes in this one is creamy, rich and lingering, not overpowering. If you've used a Dove product before, you'll understand what I mean. It's a beautiful fragrance to wear in your hair!
The conditioner feels extremely light on your hair and is not greasy at all. It's also great to be used on its own, without a shampoo.
I've been using this conditioner regularly now and I can't stop gushing about the way my hair feels.

Will I recommend this?
Definitely! And as I'm already about to reach the end of it, I'm going to go out and buy myself more of this....this is an absolute must-have!

Any cons?
None at all...There's absolutely nothing wrong about this product. I loved it!!!

- Debolina Raja Gupta