Fashionistas Galore

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dove Hair Therapy Split End Rescue Shampoo: Review


Dove sent me this lovely beauty bag as part of their Dove Hair Therapy Split End Rescue Range promotions. The bag contained the Dove Hair Therapy Split End Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner.

I have always had long hair, most of the time I had hair that came down below the waist, or at least till the waist. Of course I've cut my hair often, but recently I cut my hair till just below the ears, but when I received the bag, it had grown till my shoulders.

I've definitely struggled with the common problem of split-ends and as for the texture of my hair, I have dry hair. So it was that when I received this kit, I was quite excited to see how it worked on split ends. Though I didn't have much split ends, I had a few, not noticeable really, but it was still there.


What Dove Says About The Product:
The Dove Split End Rescue Conditioner is a part of the Dove Damage Solutions range, specially formulated to help bring split-ends together. It has fiber actives that work on the deepest level of your hair, to give you up to 4x lesser split-ends.

Price: INR 68 for 75ml

Dove Hair Therapy Split End Rescue Shampoo

Description:
The shampoo comes in a regular tube packaging. It has a flip top that is spill-proof. The shampoo is white in colour and is of a sticky consistency, slightly thick. The fragrance is like the regular Dove products, if you've used Dove hair care products you'll know what I mean. It's light and fresh, lingering yet not overpowering.

My experience with the product:
I used it with the Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner
As I have dry hair, one of main concerns is to get a shampoo that will work on my hair to make it smooth. I have straight hair, so frizz isn't really a problem, but I really want something that makes it smooth to touch. And the Dove Hair Therapy Split End Rescue Shampoo didn't really do that for me. Also, I like my shampoo to lather well, which again this one didn't. Though I have dry hair, my scalp tends to get greasy easily as I sweat on my scalp. And that's why I like lathery shampoos - unfortunately, this didn't do the trick. Also, with a strong claim of 4X less split-ends with regular use, this was really a put-off. Forget about working on split-ends, this didn't even work on regular hair. So the tiny bit of split-ends I did have were very much still there, hardly any trace of a 4X stronger split-end rescue shampoo working on it.

Pros:
Nothing really - I may sound too critical, but I really didn't like this one.

Cons:
  • The biggest put-off was the false claim - while Dove claims the shampoo, and the entire range works to give you 4X times less split-ends, I must say it's all marketing gimmick. A real put-off
  • Doesn't make my hair smooth
  • Doesn't lather
Will I purchase this product? This was part of a review hamper sent me by the Dove PR team and I must say that I generally wouldn't have bought this in the first place, as I don't believe this tall claims that brands do. Now that I have used it up and seen that it comes with zero results to the claims it makes, I'm definitely not going to buy it.

Will I recommend this product? Not at all....If you would go by my experience, stay off. And definitely not if you're trying to get something that works on split-ends. This isn't your product.

*The samples were sent to me by the Dove PR team and I am not being paid for the review here. This is my honest opinion after using the product. I have used up the entire product and then done the review.
 
- Debolina Raja Gupta