Fashionistas Galore

Thursday, June 13, 2013

L'Oreal Paris True Match Blush: Review and Swatch



Hello lovelies,

So some time back I had shared a post about all the lovely blushes and bronzers I have. You can read it here

This weekend, I went to the mall and was on the lookout for a light pink blush, an almost barely-there kind of thing, especially coz I've hit pan with my Beyu blush and I really loved it. It's been with me for about 2 years now....and only just hit the pan now!

So I checked out a few and the only one I really really loved was the L'Oreal Paris True Match Blush in Shade 01 Pink Marshmallow





L'Oral Paris True Match


The shade I got is 01 Pink Marshmallow
Made in China

Price: INR 695 (no discounts) :-(
Shelf Life: 2 years


Packaging: The packaging is a regular blush packaging, and I like the little touch of jigsaw-piece kind of imprint on the blush - if you didn't realise it, this matches with the concept of 'true match', wherein this 'piece of) blush will be the correct match for me - like finding the correct matching piece in a jigsaw puzzle. Quite interesting.
The packaging is quite compact and easy to pop in your bag. Also, it fastens with a click-clap and won't open up on it's own, thus having no chance of a messup.
The blush comes in a metally/plasticy pot that has a lid that opens up with a click. It also comes with a tiny built-in mirror and a tiny brush (see images below).

The tiny brush and mirror in the bottom compartment of the blush.


While the brush and mirror are okay and will be especially handy at times when you're on the roads and may not be carrying a blush brush, this is perfect to do a touch-up. I tried it out and it's okay actually. Nothing great for sure, but not very bad either - it's strictly okay. One thing that I noticed however was that each time I used it to apply the blush, tiny bristles would fall off from the brush and come on my face - that was quite irritating. It's not harsh and not too soft either, somewhere midway.


Here's the colour when you first swipe it. However, it looks much brighter when I swiped it with my finger. When you swipe it with your brush, the colour is a barely-there colour. I was looking for something that would not have much of a colour, but instead would leave a healthy shine/glow on the skin. And that is just exactly what this one does.

This is how the colour will look once you've lightly blended it the first time.


Blend it a bit more and it will leave an even better sheen on the skin, like a healthy glow. Let me remind you once again that this does not leave any colour on your face really, just a barely-there pink faint glow, but does leave a really healthy sheen on your face.


More blending and more glow. The great thing about this blush is that it's buildable, and you can of course use more of the product to get that colour you want. Otherwise, you can also use this as a highlighter on your eyes and cheekbones to give them more prominence.

I wore it in the morning and the glow was there till late afternoon. I re-applied very lightly once again and it was there again till the night, though it had started to fade, but the sheen and glow were still there. So it's safe to say that the product will stay with you for at least about 5-6 hours or even more. I have dry skin and I had applied a moisturiser and compact before applying the blush.

What I liked about the product:
  • I loved the colour absolutely - in fact, I saw this on the first counter, then went to other counters and other stores, but something pulled me back to it in the end. I left all the other ones and came back to it all over again and brought it home :-)  You all know that I really love blushes, and this was one that won my heart in the first look itself!
  • Very compact and easy to store
  • Not messy at all
  • A bit expensive but the product will last a long long long time, so it's worth it
  • Long shelf life
  • Long staying power
  • Extremely light on the skin and doesn't feel like you're wearing anything over your cheeks
  • Buildable
  • Absolutely love the glow it leaves behind
  • Fades out very nicely, without suddenly making your skin look devoid of colour or glow
What I didn't like about the product:
Nothing really....I absolutely loved this one, and if it's still out there after 2 years or so, will re-purchase :-)

- Debolina Raja Gupta