Fashionistas Galore

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Garnier Skin Naturals Anti Dark Circle Roll-On : Review


Ladies,

Today I'm going to talk about a product that's been around for quite some time, and one that I've been using for about 2-3 years now. I'm talking about the Garnier Skin Naturals Anti Dark Circle Roll-On in Shade Fair. 

There have been many bloggers around who've talked about this already, many of them have criticised the product while some have said they liked it. If you don't want to read the entire review, let me just tell you right away what I think about it - I Love It! And there have been many ways that I've used it.





Product: Garnier Skin Naturals Anti Dark Circle Roll-On Light with Pure Lemon Essence + Caffeine


Shades available: I have this in the shade Fair Skin Tone


It's also available in Medium Skin Tone (which I haven't really seen in stores, so can't say about it)


Price:INR 199 for 15 ml (this lasts for ages and ages and ages)

What the product claims:
  • Instant coverage
  • Enriched with caffeine and pure lemon essence, known for its brightening properties
  • Effectively reduces dark circles
  • Fragrance-free
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Opthalmologically tested


How to use:
Apply Garnier Light Anti-dark circles eye roll-on to the eye contour area in light circular massaging movements. The liquid will be applied automatically via the roller ball. If necessary, use your fingertips to spread evenly.
Recommended usage: Twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.

The product comes in a curvy tube format and is extremely light and easy to carry.

The lid is a plastic screw-top that secures tightly.

The liquid comes out through a roll-on metal ball (thus the name Garnier Roll-On). You simply need to touch the ball on your skin (wherever you want the product) and the liquid comes out on its own.

The product is not too thick and neither very liquidy. It's of a good consistency that mixes well.

My take on the product:
I've been using this one for about ages now. It's been at least 2 years (though I think more) that I have been using this, and in these years I've re-purchased it about 3 times (that's how much it lasts!).
The first time I bought this was obviously because I had dark circles. I was sleep-deprived and those were times when I needed some urgent cosmetic help - and hence the first-time buy!

Application:
  • This is basically a concealer, that works to 'conceal' those dark circles and spots. This, however, is not a remedy or prevention against dark circles, but a more like a 'makeup' product that will help hide those dark circles and spots. 
  • To use over dark circles, apply in dots around the eye and mix with fingertips. 
  • Use the product minimally, and don't rub it in hard, as that may create a cakey look for some, especially if you have dry skin. 
  • I would recommend using a sunscreen or moisturiser on your face first and then using this, so that it doesn't seem drying out (I have dry skin).
  • If you are applying foundation or a BB-Cream, apply these first and then use the Garnier Roll-On, so that you know exactly how much product you need.
  • If you have pigmentation on your skin, you can also apply it in dots over these areas and lightly rub out. 
How I Use It:
  • I use it around my eyes in small dots - under the eyes and also 1-2 dots on the lids (so that the area looks evened out and there is no discrepancy in skin tone)
  • I mostly never use a foundation - I can't remember the last time I used one. Instead, I sometimes dab this on any spot or pigmentation I may feel and mix it in lightly.
  • If I'm looking especially pale or low, I sometimes dab it around my face to instantly brighten it up.
  • If I have extra dark circles, I sometimes dab it in an inverted triangle, starting from under my eyes, with the tip coming down till about the centre of my cheeks. This way, it blends out nicely to cover the dark circles and also to not create a whitish look around the eye. Instead, it blends in well with my overall complexion.
Pros:
  • I absolutely love this product - it has been working great for me and I'm one loyal customer
  • Really works great to conceal dark circles instantly
  • Brightens up the eyes
  • Brightens up the face
  • Very affordable
  • Little product works a long way
  • Can be used for months at end
  • Light weight and easy to carry
  • Can be used instead of a foundation/BB Cream
  • Available in different shades to suit Indian skin tones
Cons:
Absolutely NONE at all!

Would I Recommend this product? Absolutely!


- Debolina Raja Gupta