Fashionistas Galore

Friday, July 5, 2013

Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Blackheads Uprooting Scrub: Review


Like most other girls I've always had a problem with blackheads - always! In fact, even though I wouldn't have too many prominent ones that could be easily seen with the naked eye, unless someone was trying to get inside my face, it was a big cause of concern for me each time I visited the parlour. The lady would insist on removing the blackheads and I hated it absolutely! It was painful and irritating and I wanted to avoid it all costs.


I remember that when Garnier first launched the Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Blackheads Uprooting Scrub I was really really happy. Finally, there seemed to be a product out there in the market that claimed to remove these irritating and painful to remove oddities with just a face wash! Wow...I so wanted to try it out...

Price: The product is priced at INR 150 for 100gm.


Packaging: The scrub comes in an easy plastic squeezy tube with a flip-top. The lid locks fast and hence has no problems with leakages. However, if you're taking a flight, I would advise you to keep this in a separate area from clothes/books as it may leak due to cabin pressure.


Texture: Not sure if you can see it here but the scrub has distinct blue particles in it, like rough granules that work on your skin and help root out the blackheads. They are nothing harsh, in fact they'll rub on your skin gently and help cleanse.

My take on the product:

I absolutely love this one. In fact, I've been using this for a few years now, ever since it launched, and I'm going to re-purchase this as long as Garnier continues to make it (I hope it's always in the market!).

Garnier claims that the product starts working instantly on your blackheads and that it helps remove spots and marks. I personally will vouch for that - that it does instantly root out your blackheads. I mean, can you believe it, ever since I started using this product the lady at the parlour has not had to remove any blackheads as she said the blackheads have magically disappeared!

I use this on alternate days, or sometimes, I use this only about twice a week, but even then the results are great. It has a tingling feeling on the skin, I think that's because of the mint extracts, and it's a refreshing and clean feeling. It's also okay to sometimes use this in place of your face wash as it leaves your skin feeling all soft and fresh and clean. However, if you're using this in winters, I would suggest you add a moisturiser later as it may tend to dry out the skin a bit during cool seasons. The fragrance is nice and lingering too and is not over-powering, which I like.

Pros:
  • Very affordable
  • Little bit of product works a lot so it goes on for a long time
  • Shelf life of 3 years
  • Easy to use and sturdy packaging with no worries of a spill
  • Soft on skin
  • Granules work well
  • Light and refreshing fragrance
  • Also works as a face wash
  • Cleans out blackheads instantly 
  • Helps keep spots and marks in control
Cons:
None at all

I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT AND WILL KEEP BUYING IT FOR AS LONG AS IT'S AVAILABLE.

- Debolina Raja Gupta