Fashionistas Galore

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Face Creams for Winters

 image source

Yes, the season is changing and there's that nip in the air here in Mumbai. Actually, it's quite chilly in the early mornings and late nights. The other parts of the country are already shrouded in cold waves...

I have dry skin, and this time of the year it gets even worse. So here are the creams that I'm using. Some are almost finished and I'm almost about to finish off with those. See if any of these feels good on you too...Don't forget to tell me :-)

The creams shown here are in random order



1. Pond's Age Miracle Daily Resurfacing Cream SPF 15 PA++

I absolutely love this cream. Though Ponds has marketed this as an age-defying cream, I personally like it for its texture and the way it soothes my dry skin. I don't have any dark spots or wrinkles on my skin yet, so I can't say about it's age-defying properties, but this has really been one of my favourite creams both during summers and winters.


It looks pinkish and has a very lovely breezy sort of a fragrance. The texture is smooth, light and creamy. I absolutely love wearing it. The best part about this cream has been that I've loved using this in summers when it wasn't too heavy on my skin, and even now, as winter starts to settle in and my dry skin is beginning to feel stretched, I'm loving how it soothes my skin.

It's a repurchase and I'll continue to buy it as long as Pond's continues with it.

2. Biotique Botanicals Bio Saffron Dew Ageless Face & Body Cream


This one I absolutely love. It's a lovely light herbal cream from Biotique, which continues to be one of my favourite brands when it comes to skin care. It's light, works great for dry skin and has an absolutely lovely scent to it - milky, honey, saffron - which is delicious actually.

This has a slightly runny texture. I will repurchase this again.

3. The Caribbean Collection Coconut & Lime Moisturising Body Lotion

I loved this one during the summers as it was perfect for the weather and was light, while nourishing skin nicely. Somehow, even as winters were just approaching, it began drying up my hands more when I used it! I found that rather weird! It has a lovely scent, which is why I bought it the first place. I absolutely hate anything with a coconut smell in it, even the slightest. This was the first product with a coconut-mix fragrance that I actually loved !

I won't be repurchasing this again.

4.The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream

This is a great product with anyone who has dry to very dry skin, which would surely be me. I picked it up from TBS at a time when my skin was at its dry worst, and I immediately noticed how it worked on hydrating my skin, even with the first application.

But one thing that's difficult to tolerate is the stench - it smells HORRIBLE!! It stinks....and so will you when you put this on......So what do I do? I put it on before going to bed at night....It does work great and is one of the most soothing creams I've ever used, but its soooooo expensive (you can see the price on the picture) and the main reason is, it stinks :-(




Has a slightly greenish creamy consistency. It's like a gel and cream blended together. Very light and smooth to the touch.

5. Biotique Bio Morning Nectar Moisturizer

Another product from Biotique and as you can see, I picked it up from the hotel on a recent visit. I've tried this before, and when I finish off with my other moisturisers, I'm going to get this one.

Of course this is a special packaging for the hotel, so I'll be sharing what I get when I buy. As with all Biotique products, the scent is heavenly. And it works great on my dry skin.






- Debolina Raja Gupta