Fashionistas Galore

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Citibank OMG Sale 4th-5th Dec 2013: My Review


 image source

Well, if you regularly read the newspaper, or should I say, scan the useless parts of the newspaper just like me, especially the parts that don't have any news anymore and merit being called ad-paper instead of newspaper, you already know about this sale.

This is an Online Sale ONLY and ONLY for those who own a CitiBank card.



Let me tell you that I was actually waiting for a sale, as there are lots of things I'm looking to buy. My brother is getting married in 2 months, so there's a lot of stuff I need to pick up, plus I have a growing infant who is outgrowing everything from diapers to clothes to booties, and of course I wanted some cute gifts for my elder daughter for Christmas.

I spent the entire past hour scanning through the sale.....

Before I tell you more, in case you don't know, the sale ends today (this one is from 4th-5thDec) and here are the participating brands:
  1. goibibo
  2. indiatimes shopping
  3. ebay
  4. yebhi
  5. snapdeal
  6. paytm
  7. zovi
  8. myntra
  9. univercell
  10. jabong
  11. groupon
  12. the mobile store
  13. book my show
  14. food panda
  15. big basket
  16. croma retail
  17. tradus
  18. pepperfry
  19. babyoye
  20. shoppers stop
  21. fab furnish
  22. carat lane
  23. first cry
  24. ferns n petals
Okay, so here's my view:
The sale SUCKS, big time! And what a waste of time......For ages now, these big brands and malls have been fooling customers like us into believing that a sale is the best time to buy. Well, not really.

For starters, each time a sale comes up, the discounts are applicable only on the highest-priced items, so you end up paying almost as much, or sometimes, even more, than what you would have paid otherwise, during off-sale period.

Also, the discount percentage is really low and doesn't really make any difference.

The sites I went on for this particular sale were:

  • Shoppers stop
  • First Cry
  • Baby Oye
  • Myntra
  • Jabong
I didn't get what I was looking for. And the items that I really thought I should buy were not in the sale. Hah!

I've already logged off, can't waste anymore time here. Did you get to buy anything? Do let me know :-)

- Debolina Raja Gupta