Fashionistas Galore

Friday, March 14, 2014

Elasticising Body Butter from Bottega Di Lungavita: Review



Hi all you beautiful people....

Those of you who have been here before and read any of my posts, would know that I have severely dry skin. Severely dry! There is no other word for that....

I always had dry skin, but it got dry-er after my first pregnancy.

And now that I had my second baby, it's blasted through all levels of dryness. I had no idea it could happen, but it did. My skin dried out real bad.

The worst affected areas are the limbs, of course. And I have to always put on some or the other hydrating cream or body butter on my arms and legs. All the time.

So when I got this mail from the PR team of a brand called Bottega di Lungavita, asking me if I would be interested to review any of their skin care products, my first thought was to check out what they had for dry skin.

I did visit their website, you can visit it here too and was really happy to see that they have a ton of products that are especially made for nourishing your skin. Also, they had something for mommies, which was even better!

What the company is all about:

According to their site, the brand is dedicated to provide natural cosmetics and dietary supplements by combining time honoured traditions with scientific innovations.


A visit to the site is quite interesting, as there are a lot of facts you can learn about the entire being natural theme.

A quick look at the various categories of products available on the site:
  • Anti ageing
  • Whitening
  • Mother
  • Baby
  • Man
  • Face Body & Hair
  • Sun Care
  • Cellulite
  • Makeup (coming soon)
The product I asked to review is the Linfa Age Body Butter, Elasticising.


About the product (what the brand claims):

As per the brand, this is an elasticising body butter, meaning it makes the skin supple as well as firm.

Specially studied to care for dry, dull, weary skin, this rich cream with an extraordinary solid texture that has been moulded into a slab of butter melts on the skin conveying new energy, elasticity and softness for an instant nourishing and moisturising action. Rich in precious Shea and Sweet Almond butters and vegetal oils, whose well known dermorestoring and regenerating properties instantly ensure a velvet feel.


The ingredients list as mentioned in the picture above.

The formula is free of parabens, animal proteins, petrolates, alcohol, dyes, allergens

Directions for use: Spread a generous amount of butter cream massaging gently with circular movements and light finger pressure to stimulate the epidermis until complete absorption of the emulsion.


Price: INR1550 for 150ml

Shelf life: 05 years


Made in: Italy





Packaging:

The body butter comes in a sturdy plastic jar. It has a plastic lid that opens to reveal a plastic seal. This seal is quite tight and nicely packs the product in, without the chance of any spill. I have traveled around town with this jar in my bag and not a drop has spilled out. It is easy to open and re-seal.

The jar is also quite light weight and you can easily drop it in your handbag.


Texture and consistency:

There is only one word to describe this body butter - luxurious!

The texture is absolutely creamy and as the description suggests, buttery. It's a very thick product. The feeling is actually that of melted butter, without having any of the greasiness.

The body butter is extremely light and gets absorbed fast into the skin. Since I have dry and very dry skin, it was even more easier for the product to seep in.

It has a lovely fragrance, which is lingering. It's there, but not really there, a classic scent that will slightly refresh you. I love light fragrances and absolutely loved this one. Those who do not like their products to have any fragrance will not be bothered by this, as the scent is quite light.



My take on the product:

I have been using this body butter for a little over two weeks now and I am absolutely loving it. As I mentioned earlier, my skin is super dry and I constantly need to apply some super moisturising cream or lotion.

  • This body butter was quite effective, as I need only a little bit for each time. 
  • And the best part about it is that it lasts a long long time, so that I can go the whole day without the need of another application. 
  • I ideally use this in the morning and once at night before going to bed.
  • I know that it's quite a pricey product, but, as I said, it is going to last a long long time and a little bit goes a long way. 
  • If you see the images above (where I am applying the product on the back of my palm) my skin gets a lovely healthy sheen once the product has been applied and gets absorbed in the skin. I have noticed this a lot. My skin is actually feeling and looking healthier and happier. 
  • There is no stickiness associated with the moisturising element. 
  • Also, I don't feel any itchiness that I would earlier feel in the middle of the day due to dryness. 
  • The body butter has a great lasting power and you can easily spend the entire day without the need to apply any other hydrating product.
I truly loved the product a lot. The whole feeling is quite luxurious to say the least, and as it is made of entirely natural elements, it will not cause any allergies or breakouts to those who have sensitive skin or are prone to any kind of allergies.

I would seriously suggest you give it a shot. It is worth having, especially if you are looking at a long term solution for your dry skin.

(*the review is my honest opinion about the product. I have not been paid to write this. I was sent the sample product by the PR of the brand to use and review. For any further details please visit their official website)

- Debolina Raja Gupta