Holi is just round the corner and even as we get ready to bring in the colours and the pichkaaris and all, we know it's gonna be one crazy day of colour playing, and even more so later, when we are trying to remove all those colours and stains from our skin and hair.
Without anything further on that, here are a few easy methods that can help you take care of your skin and hair during Holi.
Skin care during Holi:
- Apply a layer of toner on the skin.
- Apply mustard oil or coconut oil on all the exposed body parts, including face.
- You can also apply petroleum jelly on your face and exposed skin.
- Remember to wear sunscreen first, especially on the face and neck area.
- Mix coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil together and apply this on all exposed parts.
- For taking off colour, use coconut oil and gently scrub off with a cotton ball.
- Mix 1 part besan to 2 parts milk powder. Add a few drops of lavendar oil. Apply on the skin and leave on for a few minutes before washing off.
- Scrub off the colour using lemon wedges before taking a bath.
Hair care during Holi:
- Oil your hair the night before Holi
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to the oil and apply on the hair. This will prevent any scalp damage due to the colours.
- Make sure your hair is tied up, preferably in a bandana or scarf, to minimize damage
- Rinse off hair using plain water. Apply a layer of dahi (yogurt) on your hair. Let it remain for half an hour or so. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
Do follow these tips to prevent your skin and hair from any damage.
Have a safe and happy Holi!
- Debolina Raja Gupta