Fashionistas Galore

Monday, April 21, 2014

My Changing Skin Care Routine Now As Compared To Younger Days

image source

Okay, yes, I am growing up in life, just like everyone else, and I know for a fact that my skin is not as it was when I was, say, a 20 or even 25 year old.

I am 33 now...and I surely have some signs that show that my skin needs more care.

There were certain products that were working really well for me earlier, but of late I realised my skin didn't seem to really benefit from them anymore. While it was confusing at first, I realised that my skin was changing and it was time I changed the products too.

What I was doing earlier for my skin:


Makeup: I was never much into makeup, earlier, or even now. I do own a lot of makeup products and I love colours, but I rarely use anything other than an eye liner, a lipstick and some blush (this is what I wear when I am really decking up.)

Skin care: I was not really looking after my skin to be honest. I never did the CTM routine and I was very bad about applying moisturiser too. The only thing I did was probably use a face wash once a day.

What I am doing now:

I have very dry skin, and this is the skin type that shows signs of ageing the fastest. Fortunately for me, my skin is still not that damaged, and I don't have any wrinkles yet. I do have pigmentation around my eyes but that I have had for a long time. I don't have any other spots or acne or breakouts either.

The main thing that I do now is I make sure my skin is always well hydrated. I use a moisturiser first thing in the morning. I also wear sunscreen every time I go out. I have started using a cleansing milk each night to remove all traces of makeup or simply the day's dust. I have recently, for the first time, invested in a good night cream and have begun using it.

As I have mentioned earlier, I rarely use makeup, though I love buying it ;-)

I have only worn mascara once in my life, that too on the day of my wedding. As for foundation, I bought one but have hardly used it, it's been more than a year that I have it and it looks new ;-)

Products I use for makeup:
The few things that I do use on a more regular basis (not everyday, but when I am going somewhere or meeting someone that does not require too much glamming up) are:
  • eye liner or kajal 
  • lipstick
  • blush (may or may not)
The things that I use when I am glamming up:
  • eye liner
  • eye shadow
  • BB cream or concealer
  • lipstick
  • blush or bronzer
So that's about it....

I drink lots and lots of water, it has always been a habit. I already have very dry skin, so it is even more important for me to stay hydrated and keep my skin hydrated too.


- Debolina Raja Gupta