Fashionistas Galore

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Oriflame Giordani Gold Bronzing Pearls: Review and Swatch


Some time back, the lovely Mehak from Oriflame's PR team sent me a few items to use and talk about. To see the items that I was sent, you can CLICK HERE.

*Also, as with all my product reviews, be it beauty/skin care products or my book reviews, I do not get paid for these and do not charge any fee for the same. These are all 100% honest and real reviews. I am only sent the product that I am requested to talk about.

I took my time in using and testing these, so that I would be absolutely sure of what I had to share here.

The first thing that I would like to tell you about Oriflame is that they are a Cruelty-Free brand, which instantly makes it one of my preferred brands to go to.

Also, this was the first time that I tried out any Oriflame product, and the results - you will see when I talk about them in detail. But I did speak to a few of my friends and they told me they have been using Oriflame products for quite some time now and are really happy. They even especially recommended that I use the eye liner and eye products from the brand.

So, moving on to the review, let's see how this lovely looking bronzer from Oriflame worked for me.



Packaging:

So this is how the product will look in its packaging - it comes in a silverish cardboard box with the product name and details mentioned.


Inside, once you open the box, the product comes packed in this very cute looking yellowish plastic case. The logo for Giordani is etched on the lid. It has a sturdy closure, which ensures that the lid snaps shut in place. The case is light weight and will easily fit in any handbag or small sling bag.


The lid has a mirror inside, which is perfect as it lets you apply your bronzer even while you are on the go. Plus it doubles up as a makeup mirror for all those times that you are traveling and need to re-apply or touch up.

It also comes with a sponge that I did not use. It is mainly for the purpose of holding the pearls in place and preventing them from spilling over.

The product:


So as the name suggests, this bronzer comes in the form of bronzing 'pearls' that are essentially little balls of colour all blended in together. So you have your pinks and golds and bronze, all together, yet separate. As you can see in the pic above, there are a lot of these small balls, and the bronzing pearls will last you a long long time. More than anything else, it looks absolutely beautiful! My hubby loved the look, and said that this was possibly the most beautiful item of beauty product he had ever seen!! lol

The shade:


I got it in the shade Natural Peach.

Swatch:


On first swipe with a brush, this is how the product looks. You need to just swirl your bronzer brush lightly over the pearls as there is a lot of pigmentation and you can easily build it up as you want. So remember to keep it light the first time.


This is how it looks once you have blended it in. It gives a slight hint of colour and also adds a lovely sheen to the skin. As you can see, the bronzer is more geared


It fades away slowly, leaving a trace of colour and a lovely healthy sheen on the face. This is after wiping it off a lot of times.

Price:


The product is priced at INR 990 for 25 g.

My take on the product:

I wore this product already a few times. I mostly wore it lightly over my skin without any other product below. Once I wore it over a BB cream. On each occasion, it lasted a long time. The brush picks up enough colour at first swirl if you want a light healthy glow on the skin and not too much of a pronounced colour. If you want to make it look darker or more pronounced, you can build it up easily, without it looking over the top or too highlighted.

I wore it for around 6-7 hours and did not reapply or touch-up. By the end of the day, I could still see traces of the product. There was a lovely glow on my face and a slight spot of colour.

I wore it mostly as a blush, highlighting the cheekbones.

It did not look flaky on my dry skin. Also, when I washed it off with a face wash, it came away easily.

The best part about this bronzing pearls bronzer is that you can choose to wear it at any time of the day. The colour blends great with your skin, giving you a balanced share of different colours that look mixed well. It can easily be worn to office or a day event, and can be jazzed up for the night too. 

I absolutely loved the product. It worked great for me.

I definitely recommend trying this one out. A little bit of this product will work a long time, and as you can see the amount that comes, I feel it is completely worth the price.

The best part is that this is cruelty-free, and no animals have been hurt while testing it. Which is something I truly appreciate and recommend.

- Debolina Raja Gupta








- Debolina Raja Gupta