Fashionistas Galore

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Oriflame Colour Drop Lipstick in Liquid Red: Review and Swatch


 

I was sent this lovely lipstick from Oriflame by Mehak, in exchange for a review.

(*I have note been paid to do this review. I was simply sent the product to use and see and share my views. The review is honest and as I found it.)

This lipstick was part of a bunch of products that I was sent to review. If you haven't read them yet and would want to read, you can see the other products I was sent by clicking here and also see the review of the Giordani Gold Bronzing Pearls by clicking here.

This is the first time I tried a lip product by Oriflame (actually the products sent to me by the brand is the first time I have ever tried anything from Oriflame.)

If you aren't aware of it yet, Oriflame is a cruelty free brand and from the products that I tried, I can tell you that it is worth switching over. You can also visit their website here for more info on their policies and such.

Coming back to the product, this is the Orifmale Colour Drop Lipstick in the shade Liquid Red.


It comes in this cute fuschia pink paper box with the product name and other details mentioned on the pack.


Ingredients: Here is the list of the ingredients (pictured above)


Made in: It is made in Germany

Price: INR 399. Unfortunately, I don't think it mentions the price on the packaging or the tube.


Packaging: So once you take out the product the lipstick comes in this regular bullet tube packaging. The cover for this one is a bright red actually, but in the light it looks like fuschia for some reason (I tried different light settings, even natural light, but it didn't show the true colour.) It's made of sturdy plastic and is small enough to fit in a small clutch or sling. The name of the shade comes mentioned at the bottom of the tube (pic below) but I wish they had made it in such a way that it would be easier to spot the shade.


The shade: The shade I have is Liquid Red.


Colour: As you can see, the lipstick is quite creamy. It is looking heavily orangish here, but let me tell you it is not orange. It is red, though it does have hints of orange to it. I tried all sorts of light - artificial and natural - but the color was just not picking up on the camera. You can check out the true colour on the website link here.

Swatch:  This is how the colour looks with just one swipe (pic below) 


This is how it looks after being wiped off completely.

My take on the product:


The shade is called Red but once you see the product, you realise it's not a true shade. It's more of an orangey-red, a coral red if you may. Nonetheless, it is a beautiful colour.

The application is very smooth. I loved the texture, as it is very creamy and leaves a sheen on your lips, both while the colour is strong and when it has worn off. I would ideally recommend wearing a liner with this lipstick, especially if you are wearing it to somewhere fancy. For everyday and here and there purpose, you can wear it as it is. The lipstick is not very pigmented. This can be a good or a bad thing, depending on how you choose to look at it. For me, it is fine. It gave me the option of building it up. The first 1-2 swipes will give you a light colour on the lips, that leaves behind a nice stain once it wears off. You can of course choose to wear it dark by adding more swipes.

I generally love the lighter versions, not something too dark, so this was perfect for me. If you are scared that the colour looks too dark in the tube, rest assured it won't be over the top once you wear it.

The texture, like I said earlier, is creamy. It does not weigh down your lips, but it does not settle in cracks either. In fact, it makes your lips feel good in a way. I generally have dry lips, but I wore it without a lip balm and was fine.

The colour stays on for about 4-5 hours, though it does start to wear off. But the good part is that it leaves behind a stain that looks pretty nice.

The lipstick does have a noticeable scent to it. Though I generally do not like heavy scents in my products, I was fine by this. So I don't think anyone will have any issues, unless severely allergic maybe.

For me, the shade worked very well. It is a very versatile colour, one you can wear on a daily basis as a light shade, and can really make bold and jazzy with some extra swipes. These sorts of shades work best for me, as I find they can be used on multiple occasions.

I loved using it, thanks again Mehak for sharing this with me. I do recommend you to try it out.

- Debolina Raja Gupta