Fashionistas Galore

Saturday, September 13, 2014

5 Fun And Easy Ways To Spruce Up Your Home On A Budget

Bright Bold and Beautiful kitchen / dining room.  home decor and interior decorating ideas.  beach cottage style.


image source

We all have those moments when we feel like life is getting too monotonous, there's nothing new or exciting happening anymore, and the one place we end up feeling bored many times is at home!

Yes, sometimes, in our busy schedules and the stress from work and relationships, our homes get as cluttered as our thoughts, and there isn't much scope left to make us feel rejuvenated or excited.

The sad part is, we all go through this phase.

The fun part is, it's something we can easily work on!

By adding a few things here and there in your home, you can create an all-new look that will not only make you want to come back home, but make you feel relaxed, happy and even house-proud :)

The best part is, you don't need to spend a fortune, or make any vast changes either!

5 Easy Ways To Spruce Up Your Home

While I am sharing 5 of my top favourite ideas, I understand we all have different tastes and needs, and not everything I like will be of use to you. Feel free to take your pick, and in case you incorporate any of this in your home, do let me know :)



1. Bring In Some Colour


I have always loved feature walls and somehow this was the effect I was looking for. As this colour is not readily available, I had to really explain about how I wanted the final colour to look. The texture is brilliant and I absolutely love the hues it brings forth.

2. Picture Wall/Corner

Creating a picture wall is a great way to display your favourite pictures....These days, we hardly print out pictures any more, mostly preferring to store them the digital way. But nothing beats those prints! I for one, love black and white or sepia tones, so I got some of my favourite pics printed in b&w. The corner at the side of our big window was empty, and I thought it would be the perfect space to create a picture display.

3. Bright Solid Colours And Greens: 

Trust me, when it comes to dressing up your home and especially windows, nothing works best than some warm tones and some plants to go with it. These are very old cushion covers and curtains, and have been with us for almost 6 years now, but even now, they add that dash of colour and pop to the room. The plant in the pot is real, while the ones hanging above were picked up from a street vendor, as were the Christmas bells that was left over from a previous Christmas decoration.

4. Interesting Corner Lamps

I absolutely love lamps, and the ones with different patterns and interesting designs and shapes is what fascinates me most. I picked this up from a local handicrafts fair and the two are separate pieces. The one at the bottom is like a big pot, with cuts here and there. I chose to place a glass round top over it, it's a separate piece. The camel lamp is separate, but I chose to put it over this other lamp as the effect together is really beautiful.

5. Fairy Lights


I can't live without books and they are as much a part of me as say, my existence! In case you haven't been to my book blog and would like to, you can check it out HERE
My bookshelf is always the focus point of our living room, and I thought it would look beautiful with these fairy lights. These were left over from Diwali decorations, and cost only 30 INR! They've been lighting up my bookshelf for a long time!

So, what do you think? These were some really easy and instantly beautiful to create and look at ideas that have added that touch of colour and beauty to our home. I absolutely love the effect it creates, and so do my friends...

In case you've been doing some lovely things like this, do let me know too :)

- Debolina Raja Gupta