Fashionistas Galore

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fighting The Age, Are We?

William Skaespeare Quote Typed on Typewriter by farmnflea on Etsy, $12.00


image source

Most women I see in real life or on the YouTube beauty and health community are always worried about those fine lines of aging creeping in.

Ageing is a natural process, but what most of us end up doing is trying to hold on to that young skin and trying everything that will help hold the youth in.

Personally, I think this is an entirely wrong approach.

If you grow in years, your skin will obviously age too. You don't celebrate your birthday each year as a young 18 or a 25 year old anymore (unless you ARE that age), right? Then what's the scare of admitting that you are growing old?

Instead of fighting the signs of ageing, I feel a better and smarter choice would be to keep your skin healthy and nourished, no matter what the age.


I have yet to get any fine lines, or even if they have appeared, I can't see them yet. I am almost 34, and there are much younger people who experience wrinkles and crow's feet. I do remember the day I spotted my first silver. It was about a year back and I ABSOLUTELY FREAKED OUT!!!! ABSOLUTELY!!! I was stunned, scared, worried, confused, angry and simply in denial for an entire 30 minutes...can you believe that????

Looking back, it was really funny and silly...I have about 3-4 silvers now, at least those are the ones that I have been able to see...And I am freaked out no more. In fact, I take it as a sign of those wonderful moments spent with my favourite people...not a sign of ageing. And I have, weirdly, started to look forward to spot my silvers!

Funny how we try to hold on to those looks, despite the fact that your looks changing as per your age and experience is actually quite a wonderful thought.

All said and done, none of us wants to suddenly have our face covered in wrinkles or patchy skin. So here are some simple home care tips you can give a few minutes to, to ensure your skin is well cared and nourished.

Taking care of your skin, naturally:

1. Ensure you moisturise your skin
2. Avoid cosmetics unless absolutely necessary
3. Avoid over exposure to sun
4. Wash off all makeup before going to bed
5. Eat a balanced meal and include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables
6. Drink loads of water
7. Get as much sleep as possible
8. Cut down on smoking, give it up altogether if possible
9. Go slow on alcohol intake
10.Use natural and herbal skin care products as much as possible
11.Let your natural skin breathe - do not layer makeup
12.Try home facials using natural ingredients
13.Staying inside an air-conditioned environment can take away the moisture - get in fresh air
14.Keep your face wash routine to once a day, at the most twice a day if you feel your face is getting too dirty or grimy

These are some of the easiest ways for you to ensure your skin is cared for. Of course I don't follow them all the time myself, but the idea is, to try and incorporate these as much as possible in your routine.

These were basically the tips that I try and follow. What are you doing to take care of your skin? Do let me know too :)

- Debolina Raja Gupta