Fashionistas Galore

Monday, August 31, 2015

Celebrating Raksha Bandhan With Yummy McCain

 
Raksha Bandhan has always been a special day, and ever since I can remember, it was one of those only few days when my brother and I tried our best to not fight with each other (what a task that used to be though!!!)

Now that my brother and I are in different cities and are supposedly 'grown up' we get to see very little of each other. But even though we are not in the same city, we do like to celebrate in our own small ways.

So this Raksha Bandhan happened to be a work day for me, and sadly I was really busy the few days prior as well as the entire weekend with work assignments, which means that I barely got time to put forward any special dish (ya I know it makes for a sad excuse but it is true!!!). With not much time left to leave the house and the Mumbai skies pouring down heavily, there was only one big thing that was there on my mind - some chai and some perfect fried tidbits to go with it.

So this is where McCain comes into the picture all you foodies!!!! And without further ado, I thought I would quickly fry up some delicious McCain goodies that would make the perfect addition to a monsoon filled Raksha Bandhan....



 Ready to be tried out....
 All set to fry up

Look at that golden glow

And once we had all had our fill of the goodies above, we also ended up making  some delicious bhel with the McCain fried yummies that went great with our drive in the monsoon rains!

Recipe For The Delicious McCain Bhel: Super Easy And Yum

You Will Need:
  • bhel
  • chopped onions
  • chopped coriander leaves
  • chopped green chillies
  • chopped garlic
  • McCain fried delicacies
  • juice of one small lemon
  • a pinch of turmeric
  • a little oil
 How To:
  • heat oil in a pan and fry the garlic and onions. Next, add the bhel and green chillies and toss a bit till it starts to turn slightly golden.
  • add a pinch of turmeric, and add the McCain fried stuff after crumbling them up.
  • keep stirring and cooking a bit till it all warms up nicely.
  • turn off the heat and add the coriander leaves and the dash of lemon juice.
  • toss and gobble up!
- Debolina Raja Gupta