Fashionistas Galore

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pond's White Beauty Pearl Cleansing Gel: Review


I have had a good association with the brand Pond's both as a regular customer as well as a blogger. I have, for as long as I can remember, used and loved most of their products (the Pond's talc has been used in our family for the fourth generation now at least, with my grandmother swearing by it and my kids using it each day too!!!) and I have been using some or the other Pond's cream for as long as I can remember !!!!

So each time that the PR team of Pond's asks me if I would like to check out any of their new products, I tell them that I would more than love to, as their products have never disappointed me really (at least not that I remember any).

This time, they decided to send me the Pond's White Beauty Pearl Cleansing Gel Face Wash


So the tagline says 'Has your face ever become dull and lifeless even after washing? Pond's White Beauty Pearl Cleansing Gel has the answer.'

I got it a few weeks back, I think about three weeks now, and decided to first use it myself properly, in different climates especially as I was traveling, before sharing my review or thoughts on it. So, here goes....




The Pond's team ALWAYS take a lot of care in the way they pack a product before sending it across. The smallest details make it so special an association that I am always sure there is something to look forward to their packages even other than the real product. As you can see, the face wash arrived in this beautiful hard plastic box that has a sliding door on the top, and was filled with these beautiful cream and pink beads that matched the colour theme of the product packaging and also looked oh so beautiful and feminine! I absolutely loved it, and also the fact that I will be able to use the box for other purposes.

Also, in this case, the beads act as the pearls that are part of the new formula that Pond's has introduced in their face wash.

And yes, as you can see, it also came with a special face towel in the shade black, with the brand logo in white, just as the main covering of the product was. What a thoughtful gesture! And its so so soft too!!!!


So about the product, here's what the brand has to say:

Pond's White Beauty introduces its first gel face wash with the perfect combination of Pearl Essence infused with a refreshing Oxy-Gel formula. It gently cleanses your skin and uncovers millions of new, lighter cells without making the skin feel dry or dull. It is for women with all skin types, the lightweight formula with gel-based texture dissolves more effectively into the skin, allowing for better absorption of its pearl essence.

Recommended Use:

Wet face, take a small amount of the gel on your palm and rub with water until foamy. Gently massage onto face and rinse off thoroughly. In case of contact with eyes, rinse with water immediately. Store away from direct sunlight and heat.


As you can see, the tube is full of these beautiful gel-like pearls and the product seems to be a light pink shade that is clear and light.


When you take the product out, it is actually white in colour, not pink as it may have seemed inside the tube.

This is all the amount that you need, and once you get it on your hand, you will realize that it is indeed very smooth, but not granular or textured as it may have seemed when inside the tube, which is fine, as it is a very soft and gentle face wash and not intended to have a scrub effect.

My Take On The Product:

Packaging:
The product comes in a standard plastic tube, in the colour combinations of pink and white, with a flip top. The seal is very strong, so you will not have to worry about any product leakage while traveling, and I did take it for my trips and there was no leakage at all.

Price And Quantity:
It is priced at INR 165 for 100 g which is a lotttttt of product for this much money as I realized that you only need a teeny tiny bit of the product for single use. So it will last a really long time.

Fragrance:
If you have used Pond's products before, you will know that their products have a standard and yet distinct fragrance, very floral and very fresh and light, yet not overpowering. I have always loved their 'scents' and this one too is very pleasing on the senses. It lingers for some time after you have used it, without being overpowering, and slowly fades off.

How I Felt It On My Skin:
I have very dry skin, even though it does not look dry, but I have skin that feels stretchy and tight and in need of moisture, all the time! So I am always on the lookout for products that are meant for dry or very dry skin, especially for the face. When Pond's said this product was for all skin types, I was a bit worried, but once I used it, I knew it would work good for me.

I used the face wash in humid and really sweaty conditions, as well as in a slightly cooler condition when I could feel the nip in the air. It meant that I could test it out for both the times as such weather conditions have different effects on the skin. Every time I washed my face with this face wash, my skin did not feel stretchy or dry at all. In fact, I used it during my long beach trip, where I spent the entire day at the beach, and the end of the day when I wanted to clean up and head out for a party, the face wash made sure that my skin was back to being fresh and super clean.

I did follow it up with my regular moisturizer, which incidentally happens to be a Pond's face cream that I have been loyally using for some years now and will always continue to do so, as long as the product is there. If you do have dry or very dry skin, I would suggest you apply a bit of your moisturizer, as it will help seal in moisture better and avoid any dryness in case you really are prone to it.

I absolutely loved the product, and I definitely will purchase it in the future. So if you too have tried it out, do let me know about it and how you think it works for your skin type :)


 - Debolina Raja Gupta